• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for January is scheduled to be released. The consensus is for a 1.8% increase in retail sales. Retail sales ex-gasoline were down 2.0% in December.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 76.7%.
• At 10:00 AM, The February NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 82, down from 83. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Minutes, Meeting of Jan. 25-26
On COVID (focus on hospitalizations and deaths):
|Percent fully Vaccinated||64.5%||—||≥70.0%1|
|Fully Vaccinated (millions)||214.1||—||≥2321|
|New Cases per Day3||146,921||244,558||≤5,0002|
|Deaths per Day3||2,208||2,422||≤502|
|1 Minimum to achieve “herd immunity” (estimated between 70% and 85%).
2my goals to stop daily posts,
37-day average for Cases, Currently Hospitalized, and Deaths
🚩 Increasing 7-day average week-over-week for Cases, Hospitalized, and Deaths
✅ Goal met.
Click on graph for larger image.
This graph shows the daily (columns) and 7-day average (line) of positive tests reported.