• Schedule for Week of May 24, 2020
• At 8:30 AM ET: Chicago Fed National Activity Index for April. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 9:00 AM: S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for March. The consensus is for a 3.3% year-over-year increase in the Comp 20 index for March.
• At 9:00 AM: FHFA House Price Index for March 2020. This was originally a GSE only repeat sales, however there is also an expanded index.
• At 10:00 AM: New Home Sales for April from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for 490 thousand SAAR, down from 627 thousand in March.
10:30 AM: Dallas Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for May.
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $34.01 per barrel and Brent at $35.87 barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $58, and Brent was at $68 – so WTI oil prices are about 40% year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $1.97 per gallon. A year ago prices were at $2.83 per gallon, so gasoline prices are down $0.86 per gallon year-over-year.